Saturday 24 May 2014

DESIGN TEMPLATES

Information:
For my final presentation, I will need to show all the work I have done about Web 2.0 in a powerpoint  or Prezi. I have chosen to use Prezi because it is much more interesting and I am presenting it to an audience who might get bored of a very simple presentation, therefore, using Prezi will enable better transitions, more interesting layouts and a better image overall. Also the templates I can use in Prezi can be related to Information Technology so it is a better option.


Designs:
From Prezi, I have decided to choose between two different templates that both look suitable for a layout about an IT presentation. The first one has a blue calm color and it is related to IT and Web 2.0 because of the links between each slide, as if it represents social networking. Also, there are a suitable number of slides and it won't be a problem to add more if it is needed. This is the title page:

The next one is quite different, however it is still a suitable option for a presentation about Web 2.0. This is because it has different areas that actually relate to Web 2.0 and the internet itself, for example, the research page, the iPad, the social networking page. The design is eye catching because of the contrast between the black and yellow colors. This is the title page:


Comparison & Final decision:
I have concluded to use the first template. There are many reasons for my choice, one of them being that it is more suitable for my target audience. It has a calm, young feel from the colors unlike the second one that looks very professional, straightforward and factual. Therefore, to attract the audience I am going to present to (year 8), I have chosen the first template. Also, another issue with the second template is that adding slides is much more complicated than the first template. The reason for this is that, to add a new slide, it will need to be in a certain category ( as you can see above, either the iPad, fact file, notes page, phone, or board) so it will not be suitable for some slides that should be in other categories. In the first template, it is easier to add new slides as they all look the same but it allows you to change the sizes and layout for a more interesting effect. The first template also represents social networking, which is a main part of Web 2.0 as well. Overall, I believe the first template is more organized, more appropriate for my target audience, it is easier to add new slides and it appeals more as an IT presentation about Web 2.0.

No comments:

Post a Comment